9/21/2009

Handy Magnet Ring

Happy Monday Friends and Crafters! I have been making button rings on my Etsy site for awhile and recently began making furry bottle cap rings. In the jumble of my super-fun-makin'-craft-table one of my empty bottle cap rings stuck to a magnet that was waiting to be glued to another project. A chain reaction began as the magnet started sticking to other things on the table; my safety pins, earring backs and metal beads. How handy could this be while working on projects? I tend to work with small pieces and I'm sure a fair percentage of my materials are lost to the floor in my studio. How many fellow Etsians could use one of these, should I decide to put them up on Etsy? Mmm...




Materials:
  1. Adjustable ring backs. I get mine from Bunnysundries.
  2. Bottle caps. I like Izze caps. They have a minimalist white design and you can enjoy a fizzy drink made with real fruit while crafting.
  3. 1"round magnets.
  4. Aleene's jewelry glue and Gorilla glue
How to repeat my happy accident:
  1. Use the jewelry glue to attach the bottle cap to the ring back
  2. Next squeeze a little Gorilla glue into the cap
  3. Pop the magnet in. It will want to stick to the metal anyways, but the glue is for good measure.
  4. Now pretend you're the Magneto of your craft area.
Try out different materials for your ring like velcro or soft putty to stick other non-metallic materials on!

***NEWS***
I will be selling my work this Saturday, 9/26/09 at the Old Fashioned Family Fair in Henrietta. So google map 1400 Lehigh Station Rd and come visit my booth. I will be walking as part of a fundraiser to save a beloved summer camp of mine for half of the day, but luckily my family has graciously promised to cover me in my absence. Also, I am extending FREE shipping from my Etsy store to greater Rochestarians or followers of my blog until the new year. Leave a comment on my blog or convo me on Etsy with the item you are interested in and I will make a reserve listing for you with an adjusted invoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment