7/26/2010

Cleveland Rocks!

After seven wild years there, I will always have a soft spot for the Big Plum. With the recent devastating losses of Harvey Pekar and Lebron James in mind, I took some Cleveland virgins to the Mistake on the Lake this weekend. Along the way I got some fun things for future crafting:

  • More Peace Guns will be back in stock with a new supply of pins from Big Fun in Coventry. The mug is for my classroom, because guess what? The day before I left for Cleveland I was hired to a new art teaching position!
  • Unique Thrift on Lorain Ave looks and smells shady, but I ALWAYS find hugely discounted treasures there, like these vintage scarves.


Top 10 places creative types must visit in Cleveland:
  1. Big Fun Toy Store
  2. Melt Bar and Grilled
  3. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
  4. The view from Garfield's tomb at Lakeview Cemetery
  5. The West Side Market
  6. Unique Thrift Store (Ohio City Location)
  7. Cav du Vin
  8. The Cleveland Cinematheque
  9. The Cleveland Museum of Art
  10. The bridges connecting the west side and downtown
Aiming my Red Ryder BB gun at the Christmas Story house and museum in Tremont, OH

2 comments:

  1. Hey Carol! just found your blog and am going to be one of those people who comment on a post you did months ago!
    My husband is from Cleveland (well, technically Maple Heights...but it's like living in Henrietta and saying you live in Rochester). Anyway, he took me to Big Fun Toy store a few years ago...SO much fun! (I actually did a blog post about their photo booth http://kirascraftylife.blogspot.com/2008/10/photobooth-love.html) We tried to go to the art museum, but it was undergoing an extensive renovation and was closed. We haven't gotten a chance to go to it since. There's always so much to do whenever we go to visit, and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No post is too old to talk about Cleveland! I also technically lived in a "Heights", Cleveland Heights around the Coventry neighborhood. Love that photo booth at Big Fun :)

    ReplyDelete