I have joined Etsy's Holiday Boot Camp. Step one was to create a mission statement. Why not think bigger? Why not make...a manifesto. I urged my fellow street team members to do it last week and promised my own. Without further ado:
- I believe art supply stores are dens of snobbery ! Reuse and remix found objects whenever possible!
- I believe in the sacred hunt for vintage goods, traveling to far distant flea markets, perusing amongst hipsters at Good Will, and rummaging through dead people's crap at estate sales!
- I believe it is my duty as a creative being to find new uses for these forgotten treasures.
- I believe in using every part! Leave no scrap behind in the pursuit of object making!
- I believe all packaging for sold items on Etsy should be reused, if at all possible,as well! Shiny new bubble mailers for shame!
- I believe in a small free gift for every customer from my stash of extra random tschotskes from my hunts.
- And most of all, I believe in the inalienable right to make something that was already pretty awesome before, even awesomer!