1/31/2011

Brave the Storms to Support Art Education

Please join us Friday February 4th for, Beyond the Refrigerator Door, an art exhibition showing off the talents of Rush Henrietta Central School District graduates spanning several decades. There are so many people that were positively affected by the Art program at R-H, who have gone on to become artists, designers and art teachers, like myself, and we want our community to know it!


This week Governor Cuomo made harsher cuts to NYS schools. These cuts often slash special areas like Art, Music, Technology and Family & Consumer Science. This show exhibits evidence of just how important the Arts are to schools and how integral they are to our lives after we leave school. I will be exhibiting a large collection of my matchstick paintings along with 28 other artists who got their foundation from R-H.

Support the Arts in public school! Support what teachers make.... I know what my Art teachers at RH made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment