1/24/2011

You Like Me! You Really Like Me!


Every once in awhile I Google (image) my name. Sometimes there is a photo of me, usually connected to a local artist guild/Etsy team site. I also find great pictures of this actress who played a character with my name on TV in the 1970's. Today I was surprised to see a really great photo of my artwork, credited to me (thank you!), with a string of wonderful comments about it. This photo taken by TW Collins on Flickr shows one half of my pair of Palin Pumps, with another artist's work blurred behind it. When I made the piece for the opening show at The Shoe Factory Art Co-op this fall, I was terrified that no one would get it.

I am heartened to see they do :)

Collin's photo, although it includes my work, is copyrighted. So, you can enjoy everything I just did here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/twcollins/5342185921/#/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,

    I said "Sara Palin should have these" the moment I saw your shoes. I Took a sip of wine and noticed your description... I nearly spit from laughter! I quickly turned my head towards my spouse not wanting to get red stains on your display should my laughter become three dimensional. In hindsight it could have been part of the mixed-media. ;-)

    Your work is brilliant! I could easily imagine the shoes being in featured in a Jon Stewart book or on "The Daily Show". Creative art and political satire at its best; I would love to see them receive as much publicity as possible.

    Wishing you much success!

    TW Collins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, for taking that great photo and sharing it! Now that I have seen the Palin's reality show with all the clips of her hunting, it makes even more sense. I should send a picture to The Daily Show.

    ReplyDelete