2/28/2011

White Trash Party Prizes

So is it a good thing or a bad thing, when someone personally wants you to make an item that is over the top tacky? I say it's awesome sauce! Recently an Etsy teammate sought me out to create prizes for a white trash party. I decided to pull from my beer coaster ornament idea to make his and hers, beer coaster (Olympic) White Trash medals.





Try it at home! All you need is beer coasters (hopefully Bud, Pabst, Miller...or the like), glitter, mardi gras beads, gold cord and bits of trashy crap. I used a hunk of white, blond hair from a Lady Gaga wig tied with a gingham bow and real pork rinds, sealed in layers of mod podge. If that ain't trashy I don't know what is.

Here is a picture of the fabulous winners, very deserved. I hope they hang their medals in a place of honor to cherish, with pride, in the years to come.

3 comments:

  1. Outstanding medals! Trashy extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever idea indeed; I applaud you! This party sounds like it had the same undertones of a party that the fiber department put on my fourth year (so when you were a third year). Every year Fibers would put on a "Fiber Prom" and that year the theme was "trailer park after dark." Remember it? Oh the good old days. One question though, you didn't mention what exactly the winners had to do to merit these fabulous beer coaster medals. Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally remember that Fiber party! I actually did not attend this recent party. I think the requirements to look and act as trashy as possible though.

    ReplyDelete