10/10/2011

In Progress...For the Root of Art and Craft

It's deer hunting season in New York. What a good time to complete a deer related work of art! This is a piece that has been in the works for over a year now, but with the help of coffee and a deadline on my butt I will make it happen NOW. I am currently encrusting the skull plate of a deer for an art exhibit in conjunction with MayDay Underground this November 5th, called The Root of Art and Craft. A little textile work will be added after that.


I have been working with deer, antler and hunting imagery since my BFA thesis at The Cleveland Institute of Art in 2006. I also got my Ohio hunting license and antler tattoos along the way. Thrown in there (with purposeful research and intent) is some Religious/Vodou imagery as well.

Lot's of coffee to be had this week! It's due Monday!

1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting to look at for so many reasons!

    ReplyDelete