11/15/2011

I Said Yes!

This weekend the most amazing thing happened.

I went to Cleveland...


...and I got engaged to one of my best friends and the love of my life!

What the what?!

In 2002 I met Carl in an Intro to Ceramics class at The Cleveland Institute of Art where we were both students at the time. I came into the first class late and caught his eye. He asked me to partner with him on a project and it didn't take long before we fell in love. We dated for 2 years until he graduated ahead of me and moved for work out of state.


Over the half decade since we tried long distance, fell out of contact for a short time, and then reconnected for years of deep friendship over the phone and through email. For over a year we have been trying to visit each other in person again.



We finally had our chance with a trip to Cleveland on 11/11/11. You'd think after 4 years apart, that a proposal would be out of the question, but I just had a feeling (and a hope!). Luckily so did he. After he proposed at Cav du Vin (my favorite bar in Cleveland!) we visited the place where we met a couple days later to shoot these engagement photos.

In January we will be relocating together for his new job in Pennsylvania as a designer for Crayola. I am so thankful for this chance to make up for lost time, to make a fresh start in a new place, and to have the best partner in the world to do it all with!

I feel amazing :)

9 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOO excited for you, Carol! Congratulations and I wish you the very best of everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!! And this is why Cleveland DOES rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww!!! CONGRATS Carol!! <3
    In case anyone needed 'proof' that some things are just meant to be, I give you Buenahelena!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous story. Love to you both. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! If you can make it last for years of long-distance friendship, you've definitely got something worth saving...!I wish you both every good thing together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm crying at work!!! Congratulations Carol! I'm so happy for you! Being a hopeless or hopefull romantic, I absolutely love this story. I couldn't be happier for you. :) Enjoy every second of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats Carol! What an exciting story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the story and the pics - and congratulations! I'll miss you but I'm sooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete