6/22/2012

Gone Out, Back Soon...


Every year, around this time, I take a week and counsel teens at a Senior High Camp on Lake Erie. I escape everyday life; leaving behind my tv, laptop, and Etsy shop, turn off my phone, and remove any other artificial noise. Usually it's right after a long, hard school year, but with the move to PA this winter it will be interrupting my new job teaching at The Baum School of Art, just as it starts. I'll sit and listen to the lake, share stories around the fire, laugh at amazingly planned camp pranks, and eat lots of Twizzlers. I know that you don't need to know all my plans, but I hope what I am doing inspires you to unplug and heal, through heart to heart community with others and nature. I hope that, like me, you come back refreshed, better and happier at what you do, and a little freer. Until July....

No comments:

Post a Comment